Internet fraud happens fast
Trademarks are defrauded every day as crowds of counterfeiters create fake websites to impersonate organizations and businesses. In 2020, online counterfeiting increased by 73%, with a staggering 7 million phishing and scam sites detected worldwide (read blog post). One of the key strategies employed by threat actors is to inundate businesses with overwhelming volumes of fraudulent activity, relying on the fact that not all activity can be stopped or removed.
Brands around the world and across industries are regularly attacked as the internet makes it easy for cybercriminals to hack into data, customers, and payments. Conditions in 2021 have only worsened. So if you are looking to set up an online brand protection practice, you will have to fight the ladder with the ladder.
How Bolster helps
Trademark protection online includes a series of techniques used to find, detect and dismantle a wide range of infringements and threats covering:
- Fake website and apps
- Counterfeit product and unauthorized sales
- Identity theft on social networks
- Phishing attacks and scams
- Logo, trademark, copyright infringements
Using Bolster’s unique AI technology, we defend your brand against it all in real time, allowing you to focus on running your business. Malicious sites are deleted in minutes and hours upon detection without human intervention, all thanks to our automated SaaS platform coupled with electronic integrations with hosting companies around the world. Under the hood, here are the 6 critical success factors that make the Bolster platform so effective. If not through partnering with Bolster, you’ll want to make sure you research these same success factors when setting up online brand protection.
6 critical success factors for effective brand protection online
1. Make sure it is automated: The mean Bolster time between detection and removal is measured in minutes and hours. It is a combination of our automation and AI technologies that makes our system faster and more efficient than any other method in terms of detection and removal. The underlying AI technology uses computer vision, natural language processing, and deep learning to spot scam sites that copy and use your business assets, including the logo, in milliseconds. Check out some great blogs below to learn even more about how we do things. When malicious conditions are detected, withdrawals are automatically processed with hosting providers around the world to neutralize threats.
2. Try to be specific: Bolster’s false positive rate is 1 in 100,000, so you can be sure our efforts will not be wasted. AI is the most effective technique for protecting brands online because it can search and analyze results at blazingly fast speeds without ever losing efficiency. Human-based systems struggle to keep pace with the pace and nature of today’s attacks. It can often take days to find a single site. By then, the damage is done.
3. Avoid blacklists: Most brand protection services depend on blacklists as a source to identify threats. This creates delays as cybercriminals bypass lists with new scam sites and abandon old ones. Relying on blacklists is like walking barefoot to find broken glass. You won’t know it’s there until the damage is done. Bolster takes brand protection a step further, detecting and acting on threats before they are even blacklisted.
4. Look for zero day results: Time is precious when crooks attack. If you rely on human detection of trademark theft, you will lose vital days for research, analysis and decision making. The end result is gigantic financial damage. With Bolster, you always know that threats are being tracked and thwarted in real time, often before fraud attempts have even started.
5. Monitor the Internet 24/7: You never know when a criminal is going to set up a counterfeit or scam site, which is why continuous monitoring is essential, even after removal. It’s not uncommon for a site you delete to quickly reappear on another host’s network. You really can’t stop this. However, Bolster monitors sites that have been deleted, so if they reappear anywhere in the world, we will delete them again.
6. Look for a trusted service: Phishing and fraud prevention solutions are big business. While your brand has many security options, know that Bolster has become a trusted name thanks to its cutting edge technology and proven results. Large companies like Uber, LinkedIn, Zoom, and Dropbox trust the platform to champion their brands online globally. Otherwise with Bolster, you’ll want to make sure you’re working with a reliable and trustworthy partner, as your brand’s reputation online is at stake.
Get started with Bolster today!
When crooks and counterfeiters target your brand, your window of detection is narrow. Scam sites quickly accumulate costs measured in time, money and perhaps most damaging to consumer confidence. Our brand protection service is fully automated and ultra-precise, all without any additional effort on the part of your team. And we can get you up and running in no time. Try it out today!
Strengthen brand protection solutions
Under the Hood – How We Do It:
Large-scale fast image matching
Logo detection with Yolo v5 and Pytorch
Request a demo and a free trial: Free trial
*** This is a syndicated Security Bloggers Network blog from Bolster Blog written by Jeff Baher. Read the original post at: https://bolster.ai/blog/6-critical-success-factors-for-effective-online-brand-protection/